Cleaning and restoring your tile and grout should not be an expensive process. If you know the right things you should use and know how to clean them properly, you could make your tile and grout shine like they are new.
It would help if you deep clean your grout every four to six months, but by using a sealant and quickly cleaning up spills, you can keep white grout looking great again while spending less time scrubbing.
Here are some time-tested tips you could do to maintain your tile and grout using some household products you probably already have at home (as always, we recommend testing this out on a small inconspicuous spot just in case the desired outcome is not achieved. There are lots of different types of tiles and grout, so it’s about finding what works best for what you have):
- Mop with vinegar or bleach to clean tile flooring, while you can use a rag with soapy water to clean tile walls.
- Spray hydrogen peroxide on your floor tiles when you see some stains, molds, and mildew. When it doesn’t work, make a paste using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and let it sit on the problem areas before scrubbing and rinsing it with warm water.
- If you don’t have a grout scrubber, you can improvise using a medium-bristle brush. Just spray warm water and scrub in a circular method. Just don’t put too much water and let it sit on the grout for a long time because it causes mildew.
- Fill a spray bottle with half vinegar and half warm water solution and spray it on the grout. Wait 5 minutes, and then scrub with a stiff brush. Remember to use vinegar sparingly on unsealed grout.
- Make a solution with equal parts baking soda, white vinegar, and water to clean your tile and grout. Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes, scrub, rinse off, then towel dry.
Tile and grout maintenance is relatively easy, and you can do it on your own at times. However, that is not the case every time, as they will eventually require a professional touch to look their best. Professional cleaners will use specialised tile cleaners to restore the tile’s luster. A great thing is that Wizard Cleaning offers professional and quality deep cleaning services for your tile and grout. If you want to learn more about Wizard Tile & Grout Cleaning, contact Wizard Cleaning on 0438 554 830. You may also leave an inquiry by clicking HERE.