Most of us will jumpstart our day in the office by drinking a fresh cup of coffee. It’s a morning ritual that allows us to warm up before starting our work. So you’re sipping your coffee while checking your emails, then you notice the dregs from your mug has reached the office floor! The result? Office carpet stains! Office carpet cleaning can be a challenge. While employees can wipe or mop their own mess, there are some instances when office carpets will encounter major staining.
Most of us treat our workplace as our second home, which is why it’s helpful to know how to remove common office stains in order to maintain the cleanliness of our workplace. These unexpected spills can be prevented but when it happens, it’s crucial that you don’t allow the stain to set. For major stains, you are doing yourself a favour by learning basic stain removal techniques before the Wizard cleaning team comes to do their job. It’s like knowing how to administer basic first aid treatment to your carpet!
Here are some common office carpet stains and how you can remove them:
1.) Coffee Stains
Many of us see coffee as our best friend when it comes to office work. For some of us, it can complement our mental aptitude so you can accomplish your tasks. What coffee doesn’t complement is your office carpet. Here’s how you can clean coffee spills:
- Blot with clean and dry cloth. Press the cloth with your palm and don’t rub the spot. Leave the cloth so it can absorb a significant amount of liquid.
- Put 1/4 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to a cup of lukewarm water, and then blot the stain from the edge of the spot inward.
- If the stain is still visible, repeat blot-drying technique using the solution.
2.) Food Grease Stains
Another culprit of unsightly carpet stains is food grease. Sometimes have lunch at our desk, maybe even with sauces on the side! No matter how careful we are, over time, its likely that some of our lunchtime delicacies might hit floor once in awhile. Here’s how to deal with greasy food stains:
- Pick traces of food solids using a spoon and avoid rubbing them on the carpet.
- Dampen a clean white cloth with a one cup of lukewarm water and a cup of vinegar.
- Blot the area dry using the palm of your hand.
- Repeat blotting technique but be sure to use a new clean cloth.
3.) Ink Stains
Pen ink stains cause severe carpet staining. Those of us who have had one leak in our shirt pocket or hands know the leak is just the beginning of a major smear that’s almost impossible to remove. Here’s your first step with ink stains, but in this case, we recommend you call the team at Wizard right away:
- Get a dry cloth and blot the spot with spilled ink. Be sure not to rub so as not to spread the ink.
- Dampen the clean dry cloth into a dishwashing liquid solution.
- Blot the spot from outside-in with the liquid then blot dry with another dry cloth.
A word of caution. These are the first steps you can take to deal with common causes of office carpet stains on standard office carpeting. However, different carpets may need different treatment and ultimately a proper clean. Wizard can ensure your carpet stains are removed efficiently and keep your carpets looking new all year round. Call our experts on 03 9323 1474 and we will happily talk over the options available and provide you a quote.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_single_image image=”322″ img_size=”481×279″ alignment=”” onclick=”custom_link” link=”https://wizard-cleaning.com.au/index.php/contact-wizard-cleaning/”][vc_single_image image=”1039″ img_size=”481×279″ onclick=”custom_link” link=”https://wizard-cleaning.com.au/index.php/contact-wizard-cleaning/”][vc_single_image image=”308″ img_size=”481×279″ alignment=”” onclick=”custom_link” link=”https://wizard-cleaning.com.au/index.php/contact-wizard-cleaning/”][vc_custom_heading text=”Enquire with Wizard” font_container=”tag:h2|font_size:28|text_align:left” google_fonts=”font_family:Roboto%3A100%2C100italic%2C300%2C300italic%2Cregular%2Citalic%2C500%2C500italic%2C700%2C700italic%2C900%2C900italic|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_column_text 0=””][gravityform id=1 description=false title=false ajax=true][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]